Monday, May 25, 2009

Were home!

We had a wonderful weekend up the canyon even though it rained and rained and rained. It wasn't as cold as usual and I didn't even have to break out my coat,
We cooked over the fire (yes we did have chicken and dumplings on Saturday night), played horseshoes well Mitch and Dave did, Went for walks, (in between rain storms)had the Deer in camp, the goats on the side of the mountain, and good friends and family.
Dave and Red ended up leaving Sunday morning due to a leak in there camper and having to sleep in a wet bed. I think I would of went too. At my age I just don't think I would want to do it, lol
Drue and Tia slept in the Durango and said they both slept warm and dry.
I think Chelly Belly had the most fun of all. The wild flowers were in bloom everywhere and she picked till we all had hand fulls. Plus the walking in the puddles was just to much fun for a 3 year old. She was sopping wet and muddy more times than I can count and no worse for the wear. She loved the deer that came to visit and for some reason instead of calling them deer she calls them her. As in I seen a her in the road.
We had some great thunder and lightning shows, the others liked them, Me I wanted to go hide under the bed.
Odie chased the deer but did come back when called. He and Rocky caught a squirrel. Chico is a bum and finally had to be put on his little chain.
We stayed up to late and drank to much and had a great time
Can't wait till the next one

No comments:

counter