Friday, March 27, 2009

One of Those days!

The new baby reluctantly layed down with Rocky while I was cooking dinner. At least Rocky has enough hair to keep them both warm, lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Its Friday and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done so I could just kind of play this weekend. I spent the morning cleaning. you know the usual stuff dusting, ran the vacuum, cleaned the mirrors. that sort of thing. And also I am rearranging some stuff in the fifth wheel as I just haven't liked where it was at. After tearing stuff out of cupboards and closets and moving this thing over there and that thing over here I actually felt better or maybe it was more organized anyways. I also had some errands to run but of course I was waiting on people who were supposed to stop by and take care of some things. And I needed to go to the grocery store. These days this is my least favorite job. I hate having to find a place to park and then fight my way up and down the isles and then When I do get to the checkout I am so amazed at what I have to pay for so few things in my cart.
So one of the things I was going to the store for was tortilla's. I had wanted to make tacos last week and when I got my tortilla's out of the fridge they were hard and crunchy. So this was top of my list ( yes I had a list) So I fight my way through the store picking up Items on my list and get to the checkout and I had forgotten Ice tea mix (not on my list of course) so while the nice checker starts scanning my groceries I run down the isle to get Ice tea mix half way back I realize that I have gotten the raspberry kind that I don't like and have to run back and do a quick exchange. ( yea I can see you all visualizing me running arms flailing down the isles with my Lipton's Ice tea mix)I run back to the check stand as the nice checker is scanning the last of my items. Get my total, swipe my card, and then head home. So I know what you all are thinking that wasn't so bad a typical visit to the grocery store, but there is more I get to the truck and cannot for the life of me get the button unlock thing to work. I tried and tried and finally ended up unlocking the truck the old fashioned way with the key ( I know who would of thought) load the groceries drive home, unload the groceries, put the groceries away. And then go to make......... wait can you guess TACOS for dinner and guess what I didn't buy tortilla's. I was so disgusted by this point that I decided to order out for Chinese food. The one good thing I had no dirty dishes.
I may try to do tacos tomorrow but then who knows what will happen.

No comments:

counter