Sunday, March 18, 2012

Before and after.

This is our Rocky ( or as he is better known Rotty) as you can see he is a very hairy dog, and suffers in the heat,
The last couple of days it has been in the upper 70's here and he has just laid around and panted.
We had decided last year to have him shaved for the summer but he is not a good groomer, he doesn't like it, And for the most part we were worried about how he would take to someone else doing it. So after talking to several I had given the idea up.

So I decided to try shaving him myself. As you can see he came out pretty good and the best part is that he loves it. He acts like a puppy again he is playful and dances, he plays and wants to be held and scratched. And the very best part is he doesn't lay around and pant all of the time.
Now the vet did say ( yes I talked to an actual vet about doing it before I did it) that with these super hairy dogs sometimes the hair won't grow back, If that happens then I will be making sweaters for him this fall.
Alaska is just 65 days away!

No comments:

counter