Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Who Knew!

Who Knew that buying a new mattress was such a time consuming task. Apparently not me. I had no clue what I was getting myself into!
We needed a new mattress, now we have known this for about the last 8 months or something (according to the experts we have needed one for at least 5 years) Now I rate buying a new mattress right up there with buying a new vacuum, there's not much fun in it, And I really had no Idea what was available, We walked into the mattress dept and there were something like 45 to choose from, had I known this I would of packed a lunch and wore my comfortable shoes ( yes for those of you who know me I was wearing shoes) Now if I only spent 5 minutes on each mattress at 45 of them thats something like 4.25 hours to just check them out. Luckily there were a few deciding factors, one was thatone cost $4500.00 dollars now to my way of thinking for that kind of money it should make itself everyday and change its own sheets once a week, which we all know that it doesn't so that was out. Then there were the memory foam ones, made for astronauts or something like that, since I don't consider myself an astronaut and don't plan on becoming one ( plus they weren't that great) I passed on those. The next is the inteligel one, now this just reminded me of the shoe inserts, and not sure it felt natural, so I passed, that knocked about 7 or something out of the running which helped some, I finally just picked the medium priced ones, as the lower priced ones weren't that great, and the higher priced ones just seemed to be that, higher priced, it was hard to distingush these two catagory's after laying around for a couple of hours ( at least it was easy work) I made my choice, then found out that this store offers a 30 day if you hate it return it policy, Now this opens up a whole new can of worms if I truly was one of those neurotic people I could take up to ten years to pick out a new mattress in which time It would be time to buy a new one ( I do wonder if anybody has really called the store and returned there mattress though) I can hear myself calling and saying yes its me AGAIN and I would like to return this matteress as I don't like it, yes I realize it the 20th one but I just really don't like it. hehehehe, how crazy would that be, If I didn't have anything else to do I would do it for the entertainment value,
Anyways I did buy a Serta pillow top that I'm sure I will be very happy with (anything really would of been am improvement over the one I'm sleeping on) They will be delivering it on the 5th of March which has snowballed into a whole new situation but will save that one for another post>( forgive the spelling errors as my spellcheck doesn't seem to be working)

1 comment:

Ash said...

LMAO Mom I can totally seeing you trading in 20 mattresses if they had a decent store in Vernal. Salt Lake is just too far and too much of a hassel.

counter