Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Ohio trip

Kolby has decided to go to Ohio with us, which makes us happy, and makes others happy and unhappy all at the same time.
We are done with the shop as of today, its kind of a happy/sad thing as we have been there for 7 years. While I won't miss dealing with the state. I will miss all of our customers who for the most part have become friends more than customers. most have our contact info and plan on keeping in touch and some even joining us on our travels.
We have been very lucky in that we have been planning this for years now and finally it is starting to come together.
I didn't take my camera today, and now wishing I had. The taking down of our Sign would of been a great blog post. but then I had nothing to compare it to as I took none when we were putting it up. The shop has been a source of much worry, but also has given us the chance to now go and travel, if we haven't done this I do not believe we would be where we are now.
So how would I rate being a business owner. well if you had asked me anytime in the last 7 years I would of said, DO NOT BECOME A BUSINESS OWNER. But today cleaning out the things we want to keep and realizing that if we had not done this we would not of be in the position to go and travel, I would say it has all been worth it. it has been crazy and very stressful and at times I wasn't sure we would be able to make payroll or pay the bills, but in the long run it has paid off.
I am now officially unemployed and very happy to be.
I will be updating this from the road on the way to get our new house. I'm not sure if I will have wifi so if I am not updating this is the reason why. we need to back by the 21st

No comments:

counter