Wednesday, January 3, 2007

playin? or am I

So I got my 16 yr old daughter a laptop for x-mas, she's a good student and a pretty good kid, so why not right? I hear parents laughing all over the world! I bought her a wireless card to go with her new laptop in which she opened x-mas morning, yes the 25th, so yesterday she's complaining that she can't connect to the Internet. So of course I tell her what to do, she tries what I tell her and still can't get on the Internet. so by now she's very frustrated and for some reason its my fault. I take over her computer and can't get much to work, she doesn't have an antivirus as she received it on the 25th we left on the 26th and got back on the 31st , I just haven't had time, So last night I spent 4 hours trying to load a antivirus program to her computer, on first scan she had 96 infections. You tell me how with less than say 10 hours total time on the puter, this child has 96 infections? well anyways wiped everything thing out reloaded all pertinent programs, including a antivirus, ad ware, malware program,( I like system mechanics pro edition) but I still couldn't connect to the Internet, tried to remove and reinstall her wireless card twice last night but I had had all of the computer I could take. So I left it till tonight, it connected right of the bat and I downloaded all new virus definitions right now it has scanned 49% and had 33 trojan horses! I'm completely astounded, I always new there was, a reason I didn't let my children on my computer .
So with this problem solved then it was my turn to do what I call playing on the Internet, This consist of going to regular pages that I always visit, then linking into new pages where I have never been before. Tonight I ran into the 3 min video of Saddam Hussein's hanging done on what they think is some body's cell phone, When I first ran onto it I didn't have any compulsion to watch it, then I thought what the hell, but when they put the noose around his neck I clicked off I didn't want to see it, I don't think I have thought about how I feel about his hanging, Not that I don't think that they were carrying out the sentence he was given, but am just not sure I want to personally view it. Just like I wouldn't want to go to a execution of a serial murderer. while my mind can understand why it has to be done, doesn't mean I want to watch it. That has led me back to here I hadn't planned on blogging tonight but this was on my mind and decided to share it

No comments:

counter