Monday, January 30, 2012

Chile Verde.

Had the kids over for Sunday dinner yesterday.  We had,  you guessed it Chile Verde. Now I wish I could tell you that I made Verde from scratch and it was wonderful. But I didn't
Its not that I don't know how to make it, I just am not very good at it. It is one of those things that I know I should not make from scratch so I don't.
What  I make is Verde made with a jar sauce. My youngest daughter actually found it and then shared.
It is good, not great but good.
We take a pork roast and cube it. Brown it in a skillet, then put it in the slow cooker and let it cook all day.
We add the sauce about 2 hours before we are ready to eat. We have tried adding the sauce and letting it cook all day, but have found that the longer it cooks the hotter ( as in spicy hot) it gets.
Dinner was great.
The company was better.
Life is good!

No comments:

counter