Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter weather.


We have had a very unusual winter here in the basin. We haven't had our weeks and weeks of below zero cold, or fog that has settled in and stayed for weeks and weeks.
We have had days in the upper 40 and even a few 50's Its been crazy but I have loved it.
So I was in the grocery store a while back, Waiting my turn in line and chatting with the ladies about how nice it had been and the lady behind me apparently was very unhappy with the warmth and sunshine and proceeded to yell at me  about how bad it was going to be this summer . How there wasn't going to be any hay and so the price was going to go sky high and they would then have to go shopping out of state for hay.
I was shocked,  as I don't think I have ever been yelled at by a stranger in the grocery store. and especially over something I really have no control over.
The only thing I could think of to say to her was well hopefully it will rain a lot this spring and summer and then I laughed as did the other ladies. She really didn't think I was funny nor did she think my hoping for rain would resolve the problem.
I am still not sure what she hoped to accomplish, and as I left the only thing I could think of is I wish I had brought my camera for a pic for my blog. lol

No comments:

counter